Does your smile feel incomplete? If you have lost one or more teeth due to dental decay, periodontal disease or trauma, there is a chance you’re trying to smile minimally. Also, eating is no longer an experience as pleasant as before, and you may have trouble chewing. But you do not need to worry any longer because there is a very effective treatment when it comes to replacing your missing teeth: Dental Implants in Augusta GA.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the solution people use who want to address the recovery of one or more missing teeth. The dental implant, itself, is an artificial tooth root made of titanium that is inserted into the edentulous space for attachment and support of one or more artificial teeth. Dental implants are made of three parts:
* A titanium base: An artificial root which is attached to the bone.
* A pillar: Connecting the titanium base with the tooth.
* A crown or tooth mimics the visible part of a natural tooth and is placed on the pillar to get a functional and aesthetic restoration.
Benefits of using dental implants
All dentists recommend the use of dental implants because they provide many advantages, these are the most important:
* Confidence: With dental implants, you can smile with confidence and enjoy your favorite foods without worry.
* Aesthetics: Dental implants are very similar to your natural teeth. In addition, they also feel natural, and nobody will know you have it.
* Dental Health: Dental Implants in Augusta GA do not pose any risk to your adjacent teeth (unlike dental bridges), which the neighboring teeth are not involved and remain completely healthy.
Effectiveness: Implants have a 98% success rate, which are considered the best possible restoration.
* Bone Preservation: Implants preserve bone area in which they are placed. When you lose a bone, the body automatically reabsorbs bone. The implant performs the same functions as the natural tooth, which preserves the amount of natural bone.
Are you a good candidate for dental implants?
In order to receive a dental implant, one must have good oral and general health. The jaw must have adequate bone quantity to support the implant, and your gums should not suffer periodontal disease. There are also some general health conditions that contraindicate the use of dental implants, but usually a healthy person can undergo this treatment.
Augusta Dental Arts is an Augusta, GA based dental office offering high quality, Dental Implants, Laser Gum Disease, premier Cosmetic Dentistry for both children and adults Call at 706 863 0405 or book an appointment at https://augustadentalarts.com/