Global Positioning System (GPS) fleet tracking uses a network of satellites to triangulate on earthbound receivers to locate and transmit data about every vehicle in the fleets where they are installed. GPS fleet tracking in New Jersey is an efficient and cost-effective way of saving money on a variety of levels and adds value to any kind of fleet operation that implements it. There are several reasons why:
1. Drivers tend to stop speeding. Speed is one of the components heavily monitored by GPS fleet tracking software, and supervisors can set up alerts to be notified when a vehicle exceeds the appropriate speed or even drives too slowly. Speeding is always a risky behavior. It generates heat and wastes fuel, but more importantly, it can lead to traffic collisions causing often costly damage to property, injuries, or even fatalities.
2. Drivers stop taking side trips that are not authorized and stick to the schedule if they know they are being monitored via a GPS fleet tracking system. Lunches that might have lasted for two or three extra hours are cut short, along with straying off-route to visit friends and run non-work-related errands.
3. Drivers benefit by being given an appropriate amount of time to meet deadlines, go to lunch while on the road and submit for overtime. GPS fleet tracking in New Jersey devices alert supervisors when drivers go too long without a break and for other various situations as well.
4. Most systems monitor the amount of fuel in the tank, making it impossible for drivers to steal a little money off the gas card every time they stop to gas up. Stealing money from the gas card is a common practice in some areas, but drivers who do so under the new system are more likely to be penalized.
5. Vehicles are also less likely to be stolen when outfitted with GPS fleet tracking in New Jersey devices since they can be easily recovered. Thieves who know that automobiles are equipped with GPS tracking are less likely to strike as well.
For these reasons and more, GPS fleet tracking systems and software are an expedient alternative for those who want to protect their assets and increase their productivity overall. To know more visit OnTrak Solutions online or call them today.