Everyone wants to be healthy, but not everyone has what it takes to get there. At The MAX Challenge, we know that your busy life can get in the way of your weight loss goals, but we also believe that it’s your commitment to change that determines your success. To that end, we have a few simple suggestions for how you can take small steps today to transform your life tomorrow.
- Get adequate sleep. While individual needs vary, a lack of proper sleep can disrupt your circadian rhythm, throwing your brain and body’s regulation out of whack. As we age, melatonin production can decrease and make it harder to sleep. Consider supplements (and naps!) to make sure you get the right amount of rest.
- Eat well. Lean meats, whole grains, and fruits and veggies are key to whole body health. Vitamin and mineral supplements can be particularly effective while you’re still learning how to incorporate healthy foods into your diet.
- Drink in moderation. A ubiquitous social norm, it can be difficult to adjust your drinking habits as you adapt to your new health and wellness lifestyle. While the occasional drink isn’t the end of the world, alcohol is a depressant that kills brain cells and cripples your body’s ability to rest and refuel properly. Seek professional help if needed.
- Get regular checkups. Visit your doctor on a regular basis, ensuring that your vitals and basic bodily functions are in proper working order. Follow up on recommendations and referrals, making sure to contact a specialist for any unique issues or concerns.
- Join a gym. Whether you are ready for a complete program or simply seek the companionship of those in a similar boat, a gym can be a great place to build connections as you begin your weight loss journey. Enquire about nutritional and support services if needed.